WCS: Corned tuna torta (special)

Thursday, June 17, 2010

17 JUNE 2010. I got the idea from an officemate, who one day brought mini tortas of corned tuna. Everyone eating lunch with us had a bite and liked it. When asked about the sophisticated recipe, she simply said, laughing, "Wala, corned tuna lang, hinalo sa binating itlog. 'Yun na!"
I tried it at home, adding a bit of dried oregano and ground pepper to the usual pinch of salt, and it got good acceptance. My younger brother, who's currently my food critic (as he's the pickiest person here)--with my older brother and his family now moved out of the house--liked it. Quick, easy and delicious, 
I've made it for breakfast several times even if I didn't have that much time. It was that cheap shot.

Now stuck quarantined at home for days now, I've been itching to cook. This morning and plucked out the leftover corned tuna in a plastic container from the refrigerator. It would definitely not be enough for me, my dad, my mom and my younger brother. There must've been just 2-3 tablespoons left. Previously, 
a part of it was made into a sandwich combined with dried thyme, Chiz Whiz pimiento, slices of fresh white onion and tomato; another portion of it was tossed with angelhair pasta the next day.
A whim had come over me from the time I woke up. I already knew I wanted to make the tuna tortas again, but I wanted to tweak it. So I rummaged the refrigerator for more items aside from two eggs...

Good morning! Corned tuna torta (special)!



I like making small Corned Tuna Tortas (volume is about three tablespoons).

Younger bro found it a bit weird, of course, given his preference for the plainest of them all. But he had it with rice, satisfied enough. Dad liked it; he had it on bread and with some banana ketchup (something I don't exactly recommend, because I haven't tried...parang gross e). Mom, who didn't seem to be in a good mood, I didn't get feedback...
Corned Tuna Torta
serves 4-6
1 small can corned tuna
1 small carrot, julienned
1 small red bell pepper, julienned
1 small white onion, julienned
2-3 eggs (depending on size)
grated parmesan cheese (optional, honestly, I don't think this did any good)
a pinch of dried oregano (optional, but this makes the tuna taste less fishy)
salt and pepper
Note: Amount of veggies depend on the amount of tuna. Feel free to tweak as you like. I'm thinking of mushrooms next time... Servings depend on the amount your folks can eat. Hehehe! 


Corned tuna torta on bread

P.S. I'll go back to my previous posts so I can write down the recipes. Do feel free to try them and comment. You might have I good idea how I can improve them. *BB*

6 comments:

Danielle said...

I'm surprised there isn't a photo :P Baka kailangan pumunta pa ako sa bahay nyo to see (and taste! LOL) it! :D

Renn Xu said...

So sorry. I took photos on my phone. My PC cable's broken. -_-'

Renn Xu said...

But maybe you can imagine? LOL

Danielle said...

Imagine? Hindi pwedeng taste? LOL.

To be honest, I'm not fond of corned tuna. There's something about its taste that's just off... So far my mom has two ways of cooking it and I thought the second one's pretty good (considering I don't like corned tuna.) I can ask for the recipe if you're interested!

Renn Xu said...

Finally, here's the photo. =) Apologizing for the quality. I haven't yet got back my digicam at this time.

Hey, what does your mom do with corned tuna?

Renn Xu said...

Note from the Beginner: If you're SUPER in a hurry, just mix the corned tuna and the egg, like what my officemate did. Served it for hubby last week for breakfast. He didn't complain naman. Hehehe

Post a Comment

Beginner's Bible Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino