Hulog ng langit...

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

[VLP - Very Late Post] It was a Wednesday morning way back in April last year. Mom called me up in the office and said something that did not at all make sense to me at first. I had a hundred different things running in my mind--of course, I was at work, then I was organizing a surprise birthday party for my dad (who was in a few days turning 60)...


To make the long story short, someone came knocking at our house asking if we were interested to buy a 12-piece stainless cookware set. Now what were the chances of such a thing happening? The person who came to our house--mom said he was a young boy--had a rather sad story to tell. His father lost his job and just came home from Dubai and they needed to sell some of their things to raise money for his tuition fee.


Mom and dad saw the cookware set and said it was very good. And at the price it was being sold, it was a steal. They told the young boy to come back as they had to call me up first. I always trusted mom and dad's opnion and said I'll buy it.


Now, it was just a few months before the wedding and the preparations were underway. I was definitely in no position to go throwing around money.  And there's (then) hubby-to-be...how will he react when I tell him about it? I was sure he's going to scold me. =|


I think I just told hubby-to-be about it via text. To my surprise, he was interested. He said he hoped the boy would come back so we can buy the set.


For a while, I was like, "huh?" LOL


There was no sign of the boy that night. I guess I was a bit sad. But well...more pressing matters were at that moment before me. It was finally dad's surprise birthday party tomorrow!


Thursday came and the surprise kiddie birthday party for dad was successfully pulled off. Boy, was he surprised! =) But the day wasn't yet at an end. It turned out that the boy came back that morning when I was out of the house. Mom and dad completed the purchase on my behalf and the cookware set was waiting for me at home.


So while dad was opening his gifts gleefully like a 6-year-old, I opened my own gift. Well, one that I purchased. LOL. Mom helped me put the set together and laid them out on the dining table. Even hubby-to-be, who accompanied us home, admired it.

It took my breath away. Wow.

Later I tried to research more about the item, and was surprised to see that this set is priced at more or less P18,000 on buy-and-sell sites. With handles made of 24K gold, we got the set at P4,500. It was a real steal. =)

P.S. I haven't used the set until now. I haven't even seen it since dad's birthday last year. It's currently boxed up among our wedding gifts, ready for transport to our future home. ^_^

*BB*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Beginner's Bible Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino