ILYS-Rewind: Accidental pasta

Saturday, April 24, 2010

17 April 2010. OK, so I was bored. In times of boredom, crazy ideas sometimes come.

It was at this bored moment that I made up my mind to be a vegetarian for once in my life. I was home alone, and I had a 400-gram pack of spaghetti sealed away in a Lock & Lock pasta keeper, tempting me from the kitchen shelf.

I had a basic pasta recipe--just olive oil, garlic, tomatoes and basil--which I read from a Yummy feature on Sharlene Tan. I made up my mind and chucked in a boiling pot half of the pack of spaghetti. I tossed together the other ingredients.


Everything was going as planned, until I saw my kuya's whole pepperoni in the freezer. I kissed my vegetarian-for-a-day plans, and in flew a few rough slices of pepperoni.

Now I had no idea how this thing in the pot would taste. Odd, maybe. I've only encountered pepperoni in pizza.

OK, whatever.

Taking a seat in the dining table, with a plate of pasta topped with parmesan cheese and a glass of cold pineapple juice, I spent the afternoon leisurely. I had a very stressful week, so I deserved this. The pasta, I found, was OK. Nothing really grand. My kuya and his wife came home to find me in a very this-is-the-life attitude. Kuya took a bite (and did not get mad that I touched his pepperoni), said it was masarap, and disappeared upstairs.


My accidental pasta recipe

Now Snow, our dog, who was asleep awhile ago came to the screen door. She was looking at me so pitifully, i na pahingi-naman-ako way. I threw her just a couple of strands of spaghetti, knowing very well that she wouldn't eat it.

The pasta disappeared no more than 5 seconds after hitting the ground. After sniffing the ground it there was more, Snow looked up at me again. I gave her some more until I decided to hide less she finished the whole pan.

Only then I realized that I had had half of the pan already. I quit eating (with some difficulty). I thought about reserving some for my youngest brother, who was coming home in a while. I went online. Kuya came with his own plate of pasta, which he shared with my sister-in-law.

And just like the strands I gave Snow, the remaining contents of the pan also disappeared. Kuya finished everything. LOL. Masarap daw.

My younger brother complained when I said there wasn't anymore of the weird spaghetti I made. The next morning, I cooked the rest of the remaining pasta (more or less 200 grams). The amount of pasta my kuya and I shared, I now had to divide among 6 people. Naturally, the pasta also disappeared this time. And the accidental pasta (which still has no name until now) was an instant--and unexpected--favorite. *BB*


Lessons today:* Unlike saucy pasta (like spaghetti in meat sauce and carbonara), pasta in oil is less nakakaumay.
* Since pasta in oil less nakakaumay, then don't be surprised if you consume by yourself a serving good for 4. =) *BB*

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Ang swerte naman ni Snow, nakakatikim ng pasta. LOL.

Renn Xu said...

I didn't know she actually ate pasta. Ang arte kasi nung asong 'yun. =)

Post a Comment

Beginner's Bible Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino